American flag waving in the wind

Zadroga Claims Advances

Gain Accelerated Access to Your VCF Award

While we remember those who were lost during the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11th, we honor those who rushed to ground zero to search for missing persons, to offer medical assistance, and to help restore the city to its previous, undamaged form.

It’s time for the country to give back to these heroes. As a result of the toxic dust clouds that rose up from the collapsed buildings, many First Responders and survivors are suffering from deadly diseases such as silicosis, blood cell cancer, multiple myeloma, and respiratory illness.

President Obama signed the James Zadroga September 11th Health and Compensation Act of 2010 (the Zadroga Act) as a way to set aside funds for all who were physically injured or killed as direct result of the 9/11 attacks or subsequent debris removal.

This act reopened the Victim Compensation Fund (VCF), which now holds $2.775 billion for the express purpose of compensating First Responders, survivors, and their families.

Those who qualify will typically be compensated in two payments. The first payment, which will be equal to 10% of the total award, will be distributed within 45 days after the award letter is received. The remaining 90% will not be paid until 2017, or later if the fund is subject to unanticipated delays. It should also be noted that if the VCF runs out of money, the second installment may be reduced to compensate.

While 2017 may not seem that far away, it may be too long a wait for First Responders and survivors who need immediate access to treatment, medication, and quality healthcare.

VCF Advances For 9/11 Survivors and First Responders

Thrivest offers claims advances for all individuals who were physically injured as a result of the September 11th terrorist attacks or debris removal. The advances work like this:

1. You have filed a claim with the VCF and qualify for compensation under the stipulations of the 2011 Zadroga Act.

2. Thrivest purchases a portion of your remaining award amount.

3. Thrivest then provides you with an advance based on this portion of your award.

4. When the VCF distributes the balance of your award in 2017, Thrivest is directly repaid from your attorney’s escrow account.

5. Because we only purchased a portion of your award, you are still paid the remainder.

An advance on your Zadroga claim will help you cover any necessary costs while you wait to receive your full payment from the VCF. It can reduce your financial stress so that you can focus on living a full, healthy life.

Our Zadroga Claims Advances are NOT Loans

Although commonly referred to as loans, our Zadroga funding advances are NOT loans! Unlike a loan, our specialty finance solutions provide you with advanced access to your own money, so you will not have to worry about making monthly payments to a lender. Also, when the VCF finally distributes your award, we are paid directly from your attorney and won’t have to touch your personal accounts.

And don’t worry about what might happen if for some reason the VCF can’t pay your award — we accept all risk of non-payment, meaning that you will still get to keep the money from your advance.

How to Apply:

If you think a Zadroga claims advance could be the right solution for your needs, please call one of our specialty finance experts at 888-697-7352. Or to apply online, simply CLICK HERE and fill out our quick form application.

Thrivest Has Been Seen On:

  • Huffington Post Logo
  • Crain's New York Business logo
  • logo
  • MarketWatch Logo
  • PR Newswire / Cision Logo
  • Forbes Logo Blue
  • bbb logo a+ rating for Thrivest
  • American Legal Finance Association Logo