Personal Injury LawsuitsBefore we start listing types of personal injury cases and annual statistics let’s start with a definition. So, what exactly is a personal injury lawsuit? According to FindLaw:
Personal injury cases are legal disputes that arise when one person suffers harm from an accident or injury, and someone else might be legally responsible for that harm. A personal injury case can become formalized through civil court proceedings that seek to find others legally at fault through a court judgment or, as is much more common, such disputes may be resolved through informal settlement before any lawsuit is filed.
A formal personal injury case begins when the plaintiff, in this case the private individual, files a civil complaint against the defendant, in this case another individual, business, corporation or government agency, alleging they they acted either carelessly, irresponsibly or negligently with regards to an accident or injury that caused him or her harm. An informal settlement is the reality of most personal injury cases. This occurs when both sides negotiate to resolve the matter through payment of an agreeable amount of money.
If you or someone you know is involved in a personal injury lawsuit and you need money now to pay bills, put food on the table or pay rent, fill out our quick application and a Thrivest Specialist will get back to you as soon as possible.
Common Personal Injury ClaimsPersonal injury is more of an all encompassing term that includes an array of the estimated 700,000 tort claims filed throughout the Untied States each year. The most common cases include motor vehicle accidents lawsuits, medical malpractice lawsuits, premises liability lawsuits, product liability lawsuits, and work-related injury lawsuits.
- Auto Accident lawsuits include any and all accidents involving motorized vehicles. The most common include cars, trucks, buses, trains, and trolleys.
- Medical Malpractice lawsuits include any claims against a health care system. The most common claims involve hospitals, clinics, outpatient surgery centers, doctors’ offices, nursing homes, pharmacies, and patients’ homes.
- Premises Liability lawsuits include claim occur when an injury was caused by some type of unsafe or defective condition on someone’s property. Common cases include slip and falls, snow and ice accidents, dog bites, fires, swimming pool accidents, amusement park accidents, elevator accidents, inadequate maintenance of the premises, escalator accidents, toxic fumes or chemical accidents, defective condition on premises, and inadequate building security that results in an injury and/or assault.
About Personal Injury Lawsuits
Personal Injury Pre-settlement Funding?Thrivest Legal Funding, LLC understands that life doesn’t slow down when you’re involved in a lawsuit. Day-to-day living expenses still need to be met without the worry of “how” or “where.” When you need money, we’ll make our best effort to provide you with financial options to ensure you receive the optimal result for your personal injury lawsuit without having to settle for less because of financial pressure. Is legal funding right for you? Before you make a decision, download our Legal Funding Guide and utilize our Legal Funding Calculator.
Thrivest Legal FundingThe legal funding application and underwriting process is quite simple but the speed is entirely dependent on the availability of your attorney. First, you simply fill out our quick form or our full application.
From here, a Thrivest Legal Funding Specialist will reach out to your attorney and gather any necessary paperwork related to your case.
Third, after the paperwork is gathered the file will be analyzed by our underwriting department and if approved Thrivest will create a contract that must be signed by both the plaintiff and attorney. And finally, once the signed contract is returned, Thrivest can send the pre-settlement advance via check, debit card, or wire.
Legal Funding BenefitsThe financial strain that comes along with a personal injury claim often times forces a plaintiff to settle for much less than the case is worth. Thrivest alleviates that strain by providing quick, easy and affordable access to non-recourse funding for everyday living expenses. Unlike may competitors, funding decisions take hours, not days. And, you can use the money however you choose.
- If you lose, you don’t owe anything
- No invasive credit check
- Faster than a typical bank loan
- Simple streamlined administrative process
- No monthly payments
- No affect on credit score
- Competitive rates
- No risk